Today's Coming Crisis Movie

Friday, October 5, 2012

Joseph Benett Dies after inhaling laughing gas at a party

A 17-year-old public schoolboy has died after inhaling laughing gas at a party.

Joseph Benett suffered a cardiac arrest after taking the popular party drug with friends on August 31 and fell into a coma.

The teenager, from Hampstead, north London, died on Thursday last week with his family at his bedside.

"He just never woke up. He had such terrible brain damage and his fits were getting worse," his grieving sister Camille, 27, told the Ham&High newspaper.

"When he stopped breathing, my dad and I were holding his hand.

"I found it hard to leave him. As a big sister I felt a responsibility to look after my little brother."

Sixth-former Joseph, who attended University College School in Hampstead and was reported to be a promising art student, was at a friend's house in Hertfordshire when he collapsed.

The sale of nitrous oxide for recreational use is against the law, but the gas is becoming increasingly popular on the party scene. Read More