Friday, July 27, 2012

Jermain Defoe's cousin Hannah electrocuted after diving into swimming pool in freak holiday accident in St Lucia

The cousin of England footballer Jermain Defoe has been electrocuted in a freak holiday accident on a Caribbean island.

Hannah Defoe, 20, died after she dived into a hotel swimming pool in St Lucia.

The Tottenham Hotspur striker was on the club's pre-season tour of America when he was told the news and has been allowed to return to the UK to be with his family.

A statement on Tottenham's website said: 'Jermain Defoe is to return home from our pre-season tour of the United States after receiving the tragic news of the death of his cousin Hannah Defoe while on holiday in St Lucia.

'Everyone at the club sends their sincere condolences to Jermain and his family and all our thoughts are with them at this sad time.' Read More