Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Rajesh Osborne blamed partner before shooting kids

No one saw any indication that Rajesh Osborne would hurt his three young children before he shot each of them in the head and turned the gun on himself.

Osborne's friends, family and neighbours, and even the former partners he is alleged to have physically and sexually assaulted, had no concerns for the safety and wellbeing of the children, a coronial inquest into their deaths has heard.

But the 36-year-old shot his son Jairus, 9, and his daughters Asia, 12, and Grace, 7, before killing himself at their Roxburgh Park home, in Melbourne's north, on April 10, 2010.

The Coroners Court heard Osborne had been crying that morning and told his mother not to buy too much food before she left the house.

Delivering the findings of her inquest into the tragedy on Tuesday, State Coroner Jennifer Coate said the crime scene made it clear that the deaths were not accidental killings. Read More