Today's Coming Crisis Movie

Monday, March 5, 2012

Payton Bushnell, 3, hospitalised after swallowing 37 magnets which tore apart her insides

A three-year-old girl has made a miraculous recovery after swallowing 37 powerful magnets which tore up her intestines.

Payton Bushnell is still in hospital after the rare Buckyball magnets snapped her intestines together, ripping three holes in her lower intestine and one in her stomach.

The toddler was rushed into surgery after doctors in Portland spotted the metal balls, which had formed a bracelet-like circle in the girl's body.

Unaware she had swallowed the dangerous magnets, Payton's parents could not work out why their daughter was feeling so unwell, reports KPTV.

When her symptoms became worse, they rushed her to the doctor who after a number of checks took an X-ray.

'They saw a circle had formed in her stomach, and they thought she swallowed a bracelet,' the little girl's mother, Kelli Bushnell told KPTV.

Mrs Bushnell believes Payton mistook the silver balls for the tiny toppings she often uses to decorate cupcakes.

It was only when doctors tried to remove it from her stomach, they realized they were dealing with 37 individual powerful magnets. Read More