Sunday, June 19, 2011

92 hospitalized in Düzce with food poisoning after wedding feast, Turkey - 19th June 2011

The Anatolia news agency reported that they were served chicken and pilaf at a wedding in the neighborhood of Aziziye.

The 92 people all went to the hospital with complaints of nausea and vomiting.

They were then diagnosed with food poisoning. The victims have been receiving treatment at various hospitals in Düzce.

Meanwhile, officials from the Düzce Provincial Agriculture Directorate took samples from the wedding meal to further investigate.

Officials from the Düzce Provincial Health Directorate also took samples from the water the guests drank in order to find out if it was the water that had caused them to be ill. Source