Today's Coming Crisis Movie

Friday, April 29, 2011

Regan Fisher,13, grounds every flight at Heathrow after becoming human fireball in barbecue horror - 29th Apr 2011

A boy of 13 brought Britain's busiest airport to a grinding halt after accidentally torching himself during a family barbecue at his home near Heathrow Airport.

Regan Fisher engulfed himself in flames by accidentally pouring model aircraft fluid onto a barbecue, leaving him with severe burns and needing urgent hospital treatment.

The teenager's parents frantically called 999 for medical help and an air ambulance was dispatched to their home in Colnbrook, near Slough, less than five miles from Heathrow on the airport's flightpath.

Air traffic to and from the airport was then delayed by 20 minutes on Good Friday as planes cleared a way for emergency services to reach the teenager's house on one of the busiest Bank Holiday weekends of the year.

The teenager was treated for severe burns to his legs, chest, right arm, hand and face at Stoke Mandeville Hospital, Bucks and is now recovering.

He had been turned into a human torch after being knocked off his feet by the back garden blast from the family's barbecue.

Regan's parents, Amanda and Darryn, dialled 999, doused the flames and plunged their son into a cold bath as ambulance and fire crews raced to the scene.

Because the family of four live less than five miles from Heathrow Airport on its flight path in Colnbrook, near Slough, Berks, flights were grounded for 20 minutes as air ambulance crews ferried the teenager to hospital. Read More