Thursday, May 9, 2013

Christina Hale Killed By Mushrooms Picked In Garden

A woman died after she ate one of the world's most poisonous mushrooms that she unwittingly picked from her garden in Somerset, an inquest has heard.

Christina Hale died from multiple organ failure five days after using death caps while cooking her and her husband an evening meal.

The death cap is so poisonous that eating just half of one can be fatal and there is no antidote.

Mrs Hale had gathered the deadly fungi at the couple's Bridgwater home and used them to make mushroom soup last November.

http://news.sky.com/story/1088887/woman-killed-by-mushrooms-picked-in-garden