Police and fire crews were called to a house near Ray and Higley Thursday evening after a woman found a suspicious package in her mailbox.
Authorities said the package was covered in an oily substance, which wound up making the woman sick.
"It could be coincidence. It could be that the oil itself could have been really anything, a cellphone battery oil. It could have been some type of chemical that would make her sick but nothing of any danger to society or herself," Brian Ruffentine Gilbert Fire Dept.
The woman was transported to a local hospital for precautionary reasons. Two officers were also taken to the hospital for precautionary reasons.