Thursday, January 31, 2013

Three people hospitalized after butane gas explosion at hotel near SeaWorld San Diego caused by makeshift drug lab

A powerful explosion on Wednesday ripped through a hotel near SeaWorld San Diego from a room where authorities say a couple was extracting hash oil, sending guests fleeing for safety.

A 22-year-old man in the room suffered life-threatening injuries. Also hurt were a woman in the room and a young man staying next door, authorities said. All three were hospitalized.

Julie Jordan of San Diego was sleeping with a friend's baby in a nearby room at the three-story Heritage Inn Sea World Hotel when she felt the building shake violently, then heard a loud explosion.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2271095/His-skin-falling-Three-people-hospitalized-butane-gas-explosion-hotel-near-SeaWorld-San-Diego-caused-makeshift-drug-lab.html