Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Calvin Lock: Ibuprofen Allergic Reaction 'Nearly Kills' Boy

An 11-year-old boy was left covered in blisters and fighting for his life after suffering a rare allergic reaction to Ibuprofen.

Calvin Lock was given Nurofen for Children by his mother for a sore throat on the doctor’s advice. But a few days later clusters of spots started appearing all over his body.

The burns led to him losing 65% of his skin and the youngster had to be put on a life support machine.

http://news.sky.com/story/1005163/ibuprofen-allergic-reaction-nearly-kills-boy