Monday, August 6, 2012

Sarah Lawson is bitten by a RATTLESNAKE while playing at daycare, Florida

A three-year-old girl bitten by a pygmy rattlesnake while playing on her daycare center's playground is recovering.

Sarah Lawson's grandfather said the girl was playing outside the Sunny Daze centre in East Manatee County, Florida when the foot-long rattlesnake bit her finger, injecting her with a dangerous venom, the Sarasota Herald-Tribune reports.

'It was pretty serious,' her grandfather Barry Rainwater told the paper. 'She only weighs 28 pounds.'

Without shedding a single tear - despite the excitement of an ambulance, oxygen mask and an IV needle, her mother said - the girl was rushed to All Children's Hospital in St. Petersburg. Read More