Monday, August 6, 2012

Lions 'poisoned' by visitor at Berlin's famous zoo

A pair of lions began foaming at the mouth and became critically ill after being 'poisoned' by a visitor at Berlin's famous zoo.

Aru and Aketi were spotted foaming at the mouth five days ago and stopped eating and drinking.

They also developed colic - a condition where they repeatedly cried out in distress.

Zookeepers believe the pair must have been poisoned by a visitor to the 168-year old zoo located in the Tiergarten area of the city.

The zoo said that the meat fed to the pair as part of their diet was not contaminated; the meat is eaten by all 16 big cats at the zoo and no others fell ill. Read More