Friday, May 25, 2012

Hungarian Dr Gyorgy Rakoczy who burned hole in spine of boy, 4, with massive overdose of ‘acid’ is suspended

A foreign surgeon who mistakenly injected a four-year-old boy with a massive overdose of a toxic chemical has been suspended.

Hungarian Dr Gyorgy Rakoczy had trouble speaking English and communicating with other staff, a General Medical Council (GMC) hearing heard.

The boy was left with a hole in his spine and needed 30 operations. He now needs to be fitted with a colostomy bag.

He was found guilty of serious misconduct after the incident at Manchester Children’s Hospital, which left the child fighting for life.

The boy was treated at the hospital in 2009 for a small haemorrhoid, which Dr Rakoczy removed. Read More