Monday, May 7, 2012

Hannah Thomas-Jones, 14, died from suspected carbon monoxide poisoning at a campsite in Shropshire



A teenage girl who died from suspected carbon monoxide poisoning at a campsite in Shropshire has been named locally as Hannah Thomas-Jones.

All four members of the family were found unconscious in their tent in Bucknell, Shropshire on Sunday morning.

Hannah, 14, was pronounced dead at the scene after suffering cardiac arrest, while her 11-year-old brother and their parents were taken to Royal Shrewsbury Hospital.

The boy is described as being stable but still "unwell", while his parents are now said to be in a comfortable condition.

The owners of the Baron at Bucknell campsite said a disposable barbecue used by the family on the first evening of their bank holiday break had been left in the porch of the tent.

On a Facebook page set up as a memorial, "RIP Hannah Thomas Jones! You Will Never Be Forgotten", friends have left messages for the teenager.

"Hannah you were a beautiful young girl and way too young to die," says one.

Many others simply say "RIP". Read More