Saturday, April 21, 2012

Natasha Harris Dies After Drinking TWO Gallons Of Coca-Cola a Day, New Zealand

A woman's two gallons (10 litre) a day Coca-Cola habit may have contributed to her death, an inquest has heard.

Natasha Harris, a 30-year-old mother of eight from Invercargill in southern New Zealand, died of a heart attack in February 2010.

Pathologist Dan Mornin testified that she probably suffered from hypokalemia, or low potassium, which was caused by excessive consumption of Coke and overall poor nutrition.

He told the inquest he believed Ms Harris died from cardiac arrhythmia and was also suffering from caffeine toxicity.

Ms Harris' partner, Christopher Hodgkinson, described how she would drink up to two gallons of regular Coke every day.

"The first thing she would do in the morning was to have a drink of Coke beside her bed and the last thing she would do at night was to have a drink of Coke... she was addicted to Coke," he said. Read More