OSLO — Right-wing extremist Anders Behring Breivik, who killed 77 people in Norway last July, said Thursday he had planned to set off three car bombs before going on a shooting rampage in downtown Oslo.
"The plan was three car bombs followed by a shooting," he told an Oslo court on the fourth day of his trial, describing the initial plan as a "very large operation".
Breivik had earlier refrained from making his habitual far-right salute Thursday after objections from survivors and victims' families.
The 33-year-old right-wing extremist, had started each trial day this week with what he has described as a far-right "clenched-fist salute" after his handcuffs were removed, touching his chest and extending his clenched right fist in front of him.
But on the fourth trial day, the gunman dressed in a black suit and a black and white striped tie dropped the move. Read More