Monday, April 16, 2012
Anders Behring Breivik, the man accused of last year's terror attack in Norway, has pleaded not guilty but told the court he "acknowledges the acts", and he acted in "self-defence".
At the start of his trial in Oslo, he made a far-right salute and said he did not recognise the legitimacy of the court.
Breivik has admitted killing 77 people by detonating a bomb in the centre of Oslo and opening fire on young people attending a summer camp on Utoya island nearly nine months ago.
The 33-year-old is charged with terrorism, but he believes the attacks were a political act designed to prevent what he described as an Islamic invasion of Norway. Read More