TWENTY-THREE people have been taken to hospital after a chemical leak at a warehouse in Livingston.
The workers were affected by fumes after Denatonium benzoate leaked from a container at around 8am today.
The casualties were complaining of throat irritation and mild breathlessness.
Firefighters wearing breathing masks entered the building, which is occupied by freight firm Palletways, and cleaned up the non-toxic chemical.
The victims were taken to St John’s hospital in Livingston.
A spokeswoman for Lothian and Borders Fire and Rescue said: “More than twenty firefighters were called to a chemical spill at Palletways warehouse in Livingston, West Lothian shortly after 8am this morning. Read More