Friday, December 23, 2011

Pakistan rejects US findings on deadly air strike in which they Killed 24 Soldiers - 23rd Dec 2011

The report blamed both sides for a failure in communications that meant two Pakistani border posts were destroyed by American aircraft.

On Thursday, the Pentagon offered condolences, a statement of regret and for the first time admitted its forces must shoulder a share of the blame – but still fell well short of Pakistani demands for an apology.

The result looks likely to be a continued stand-off. In a terse statement issued from Pakistan’s General Headquarters on Friday, the generals said: “Pak Army does not agree with the findings of the US/NATO inquiry as being reported in the media.

“The inquiry report is short on facts.”

They said they would offer a full response once the report had been received. Read More