Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Dozens hospitalized for carbon monoxide poisoning in Washington DC, 3 in serious condition - 27th Sept 2011

AP: Fire officials say about three dozen people from a District of Columbia addiction rehabilitation clinic have been hospitalized for carbon monoxide poisoning, three in serious condition.

Spokesman Pete Piringer says firefighters went to the Second Genesis house in northwest Washington about 3:15 p.m. Tuesday.

Fire officials say a possible leak in a basement water heater is being investigated.

Second Genesis house is a nonprofit organization that helps people with drug and alcohol addiction. Source