Sunday, August 14, 2011

Wales E-Coli outbreak: Two more cases confirmed as number of victims rises to seven - 13th Aug 2011

THE NUMBER of E-Coli cases in a bacterial outbreak in South Wales has risen to seven after two more cases were confirmed by Public Health Wales.

Of those cases, three victims are said to have been hospitalised and are in a stable condition it was confirmed.

Two further cases are also under investigation.

Meanwhile the Adonis Kebab House on City Road, Cardiff, remains closed as a “precautionary measure” after the outbreak of the deadly disease.

Dr Gwen Lowe, Chair of the Multi-agency Outbreak Control Team, said environmental health officers from Cardiff, the Vale of Glamorgan and Rhondda Cynon Taf County Borough Council continued to investigate outbreak of the O157 strain.

He said: “Public Health Wales was notified yesterday(12 August 2011) of a further two cases of E.coli O157, bringing the total number of cases so far to seven. Read More