Friday, August 12, 2011

Casey Anthony WAS responsible for Caylee's death… but she will NOT face new charges - 12th Aug 2011

Casey Anthony has escaped being punished for the death of her daughter, despite a child welfare report finding she failed to protect two-year-old Caylee.

The report by Florida's child welfare agency published today found that Anthony, who was controversially found not guilty of murdering her daughter last month, had been responsible for her death.

But Anthony will not face additional charges as a result of the report, which found she was 'neglectful'.

The Department of Children and Families noted that Anthony failed to protect Caylee by not reporting her disappearance in 2008 for more than a month and that failure interfered with the law enforcement investigation and efforts to find the child.

The agency also concluded that Caylee died as a result of abuse or neglect, but the report said the agency was unable to substantiate that the toddler had died from asphyxiation. Read More

THE REPORT THAT FOUND ANTHONY 'RESPONSIBLE'

The Florida Department of Children and Families verified three allegations classified as 'maltreatments' by Casey Anthony.

They included death, failure to protect and threatened harm.

The report did not verify asphyxiation and physical injury because the Orange-Osceola Medical Examiner's Office was unable to confirm Caylee's cause of death.

Investigators said that Anthony's actions were 'neglectful'.

She failed to 'report her child missing in a timely manner' and left her in the care of 'a baby-sitter for which she was unable to provide accurate information'.

'It is the conclusion of the Department of Children and Families that [Casey Anthony] failed to protect her child from harm either through her actions or lack of actions, which tragically resulted in the child's untimely death,' a DCF spokesman said. Read More