Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Anders Behring Breivik may of 'Filmed' Norway Island Massacre - 10th Aug 2011

Norwegian terror suspect Anders Behring Breivik may have filmed his massacre of 69 people on Utoya island, Norwegian police have said.

The claim comes amid a series of revelations about the killings, with police admitting they could have taken a much quicker route to the island.

Oslo police chief of staff Johan Fredriksen also conceded officers could have called on a rescue helicopter.

But he denied claims the aircraft could have transported snipers in time to make a difference or that it would have ensured a faster arrival on the island for specialist terror police.

Oslo police lawyer Christian Hatlo said Breivik had made references to having filmed his entire 72-minute killing spree.

The shootings came just hours after a bomb blast in the capital he is also suspected of, which left 10 people dead.

"We have information from his manifesto and from earlier interrogations indicating that he did have a camera," Mr Hatlo said.

He said evidence at Breivik's home suggested he had a camera and had intended to film the attacks.

"We are looking for his camera but have not found anything so far," he said. Read More