Thursday, May 19, 2011

Lorna Lambden, a Paramedic died after taking tablets she bought over the internet to help her sleep - 19th May 2011

A London Ambulance Services paramedic suffered a heart attack after accidentally taking overdose of tablets to help her sleep, an inquest found today.

Lorna Lambden, 27, was found by her boyfriend on 17 December last year in her home in Harpenden with Breakfast at Tiffany’s - her favourite film - playing in the background and an empty wine glass by her side.

It is believed she had been dead for about two days, Hertfordshire Coroners Court heard.

She is believed to have over-dosed on Amitryptyline, an anti-depressant drug she is thought to have bought over the internet, to help her sleep.

The paramedic had 'found her vocation' in the last few years with the LAS and loved ‘dashing across London to someone’s assistance’, her father Roy said.

In a statement read out to the court, he also describes her as someone who would go ‘full pelt’ into everything and ‘smiled at everyone she encountered'.

She had been studying for a Masters degree at the University of Hertfordshire and on the 15th - the last day of term - had had coffee with friends.

On the same day, she had also received some tickets for a skiing trip and had posted on her Facebook profile: ‘Snow, goodie, snow yippee.’ Read More